Nicknamed Sin city well known as Las Vegas, this city in Nevada State has huge popularity and reputation among all the travelers and people around the world who embrace casinos and gambling activities. A tourist guide is a question that most people are asking often. From day to day, travelers are looking for new places to enjoy their vacations to the maximum. In this tourist guide, I will help you with all of the itineraries hotels, and activities you can do in this fabulous city.
Las Vegas is a city in the U.S. state of Nevada that is famous for its casinos and gambling. It is one of the most populous cities in Nevada, with a population of over 583,000 people. Las Vegas was founded in 1905 and was originally called “Las Vegas” by Spaniards who used to stop there on their way to the Los Angeles area. The name Las Vegas means “the meadows”. It became an incorporated city in 1911 and has been nicknamed Sin City because it has more casinos than any other place on earth.
Why you should visit Las Vegas?
Las Vegas is a city that never sleeps. It is the perfect place for people who want to experience all kinds of adventures.
Las Vegas offers a lot of entertainment options. Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner, an adrenaline-filled adventure, or just want to relax and enjoy your time in the sun, Las Vegas has it all.
People come from all over the world to visit Las Vegas because it offers something for everyone. If you are not sure what you want to do while visiting Las Vegas, keep reading this article, and I will tell you why Las Vegas is worth visiting!
The Strip is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, with an average of 34 million visitors each year. It has more than 150 hotels with 4141 rooms in total, including The Venetian and The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino which are connected by a bridge over The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian Las Vegas; Luxor Hotel & Casino with its pyramid shape; MGM Grand Las Vegas that is home to Hollywood’s biggest stars like Celine Dion and Elton John; Bellagio that features an artificial lake and fountain show, and Wynn Las Vegas.
The Strip is a pedestrian street that is home to some of the world’s most famous hotels. It also hosts a large number of restaurants, clubs, and attractions like The Mirage, Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Caesars Palace, and The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas.
Best time to go in Vegas
While you planning a vacation in “Vegas Baby” there are no conditions for a “best time to go”. The best time to go to Las Vegas depends on what you want to do there. If you want to party, then going during the weekdays will be better because it will be less crowded and you can get more deals on shows and nightclubs. If you want to shop, then the weekend would be better because most stores are open on weekends and there are more deals available.
Anyway if you are that type of person who likes a crowded city you probably should go to Vegas during the summer months of June, July, and August ( be careful this is the hottest month of the year ).
If you just want to enjoy the city vibe my suggestion for you will be to go In March and April also you can try October as this will help you to enjoy much more with a cooler weather condition.
“Trip” and Tricks for Las Vegas
There are many things to do in Las Vegas, but it is important to know what you are getting into before you go there. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you have the best time possible in Las Vegas:
- Book your hotel room as soon as possible because they fill up quickly.
- Make sure to get a rental car because public transportation isn’t reliable.
- Bring cash with you because most places don’t accept credit cards.
- Wear comfortable shoes because walking around Las Vegas can be tiring.
- You should always be aware of your surroundings when you’re in Las Vegas because it’s easy to get lost or distracted by all the lights and sounds on The Strip.
What Are Some Great Things To Do In Las Vegas?
On every vacation, activities are the main topic of an itinerary and Las Vegas is a place where you can find anything and everything. There are many things to do in Las Vegas, but here are some of the best ones:
- Visit the Grand Canyon West Rim
- Go to the Hoover Dam
- See the Bellagio Fountains
- Go to Fremont Street Experience
Visit the Grand Canyon West Rim
The Grand Canyon West Rim is a great place to visit if you are looking for a more serene and less crowded experience. It is also a great place to visit if you are looking for some of the best views of the canyon.
The Grand Canyon West Rim is located in Arizona, about 100 miles from Las Vegas. The West Rim offers visitors an opportunity to see the canyon from a different perspective than what they would see on the South or North Rims.
Go to the Hoover Dam
The Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between the U.S. states of Arizona and Nevada. It was constructed between 1931 and 1936 during the Great Depression, and was dedicated on September 30, 1935.
The Hoover Dam is one of America’s most iconic structures and has been featured in many films such as “The Day After Tomorrow” (2004) and “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” (2011).
See the Bellagio Fountains ( Must have on your plan activities )
Best hotels you can book in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a city that has a lot of hotels to choose from. It is one of the most popular destinations for tourists and business travelers.
The best hotels in Las Vegas are those that offer the best amenities, services, and locations. They are also those that have been around for a long time and have a good reputation.
Some of the best hotels in Las Vegas are :
- The Venetian – 5-star hotel on Tripadvisor, booking is one of the most popular hotels in Las Vegas. The Venetian hotel offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, and entertainment for all guests who visit this iconic destination.
- The Palazzo – 5 – start hotel on Tripadvisor and booking. The Palazzo is a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. It has been around since 2007 and has been renovated in 2018. The Palazzo is a luxury hotel in Las Vegas that offers guests an experience like no other. The hotel is located on the Strip, which is the most famous stretch of road in the world. The Palazzo offers guests a variety of amenities and services, including an outdoor pool, spa, and fitness center. The Palazzo also offers some of the best views of the city from its rooftop terrace.
- Aria Resort & Casino – 5 – start hotel on Tripadvisor and booking Aria Resort & Casino hotels in Las Vegas has been rated as one of the best hotels in Las Vegas. It has been awarded with AAA Five Diamond Award for its outstanding service and facilities. The Aria Resort & Casino Hotel offers an array of amenities and services to its guests, including a casino, restaurants, spa, pool, fitness center, and more.
- Wynn Las Vegas – 5 – start hotel on Tripadvisor and booking Wynn Las Vegas is a luxury hotel and casino resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is owned by Wynn Resorts Limited, which also owns the Wynn and Encore resorts. The resort has 2,716 rooms and suites in three towers: Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (opened on December 22, 2007), Wynn Palace (opened on December 15, 2008), and Wynn West Tower (opened on December 15, 2008). The property also features an expansive casino with over 3200 slot machines and more than 100 tables.
- Caesars Palace – 5 – start hotel on Tripadvisor and booking Caesars Palace is a hotel and casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. It is owned by Caesars Entertainment Corporation. Caesars Palace is one of the most famous hotels in Las Vegas. It has been featured in many movies and TV shows such as Ocean’s Eleven, The Hangover Part II, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. The hotel has 3,865 rooms and suites with a total of 6,500 sq ft of meeting space. The casino offers over 2,000 slot machines and more than 100 table games including blackjack, roulette, craps, baccarat, and poker.
Best budget deals hotels on Smart Adventures!
Neighborhoods in Las vegas
Las Vegas is a city that has a lot of neighborhoods to know. It is the perfect place for people who are looking for a new home or just want to explore the city.
The following are some of the best neighborhoods in Las Vegas:
- Downtown Las Vegas: This neighborhood is located in the heart of Las Vegas and it has been around since 1829. It is home to many historical buildings and landmarks such as Fremont Street, The Smith Center, and The Mob Museum.
- Fremont East: This neighborhood is located on East Fremont Street and it was established in 1905. It has been known for its art galleries, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs.
- Summerlin: is a master-planned community in the Las Vegas Valley. It is located on the west side of the Las Vegas Strip, and it is one of the most affluent communities in Nevada. Summerlin has been home to many celebrities and high-profile people such as Paris Hilton, Michael Jordan, and Donald Trump. Summerlin is a community that offers a variety of amenities for its residents. These include golf courses, parks, shopping centers, restaurants, and more.
What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!
Hehehe most probably you’ve searched for this famous slogan in the article, and here you have it! 🙂
I hope this guide will help you get around with this beautiful city and now you have a better overview of what does it means to plan a vacation in Las Vegas, so please enjoy your vacation and tell us in the comments below:
What did you enjoy the most in Las Vegas? George Vacariu is a data and infrastructure analyst by day at IBM, but a travel writer by night and also the owner of smart-adventures.com. With 5+ years of IT and travel experience, George is passionate about blogging and traveling to new destinations. He lives in Brasov Romania and writes about travel experiences and helps other people to choose the best time for new adventures path including the completed guides for theirnew destinations