We’re so excited to have Instagram travel influencer and photographer Esther Susag answer our Five Travel Questions who has traveled to over 80+ countries and 6 continents. If you’re not following Esther on Instagram, you’re also missing out on amazing travel tips and tricks too.
1. Why do you love travel?
I love a challenge and I love being out of my comfort zone. Traveling does both of those things. Traveling is this amazing thing because you are constantly learning more about the world and yourself while experiencing new and exciting things. There’s not many things out there that can do all of that at the same time. Not to mention, the world is so big, but so small at the same time. It also gives you the chance to meet a variety of people along the way, all with their own story to tell.
2. What destination is top of your bucket list?
I cannot wait to go to Antarctica one day. It has been on my bucket list for years now and I have been close a couple of times, but I know that I will make it there one of these days. Also, Tanzania and Belize are also on my list. I cannot wait to explore the beautiful landscapes and climates that they both have to offer!
3. Where is your most favourite place you have travelled to?
Oh there is just no way that I could ever pick just one! I love so many places for different reasons. I can maybe give a top 5. But, even then it feels wrong. But here’s my attempt and they’re not in any order!
- 1. Japan – They were some of the kindest people I have ever met in my life, making the travel experience that much more special.
- 2. New Zealand – I can’t even explain how beautiful this place is. I have never seen such incredible views. It really makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world to be there in that moment.
- 3. South Africa – You can literally get every kind of experience here from adrenaline junkie to relaxing at incredible vineyards or going on a safari. They have something for everyone.
- 4. Italy – I can never get enough of Italy. I mean, I think it speaks for itself. You have the Dolomites, Tuscany, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Cinque Terre, – the list goes on and on! And they all have something unique to offer.
- 5. Turkey – Turkey is one of my favorites because it also has a vast variety in its landscapes and places to see. Plus the food is delicious and the people are so welcoming. You never want to leave!
4. What is your most favorite memory or experience whilst traveling?
I think taking a camper van around New Zealand would be one of my favorite travel memories. It was the first time I wasn’t focused on finding the best restaurants to eat at or what to do at night. I loved the simplicity of it. You drove around and saw these amazing places, made home cooked meals and sandwiches and just enjoyed where you were at. It was literally a picnic for every meal but at a new location every time.
5. What is your favourite photo from your travels?
Picking one photo is actually impossible but this is one that really shows me how far I’ve come. I love it because, well for one, most people think the birds are fake – fun fact, they are 100% real. This photo also represents when I really started to fall in love with content creation. So it’s very sentimental to me.
You can follow me on all social medias @esthersusag.