How Much To Hire A Campervan In New Zealand?
When answering this question, there are a few things to consider: what season are you travelling in? What are your travel plans? What is the size of the motor home?
What Does It Cost To Rent A Campervan In New Zealand?
Cheap Campervan hire NZ is divided into three seasons: low (November-March), shoulder (April-May & September-October), and high (June-August), with the summer months being the most popular and thus the most expensive. Pricing is then determined by the size, berth, and age of the camper, as well as what is included or the amount of support provided with your hiring.
Every cheap campervan hire NZ company will have something unique to offer. What matters is that you get the most value for your money, not the cheapest one. For example, if I locate an inexpensive campervan that has poor fuel economy or breaks down shortly after leaving the rental station, the price does not represent good value for money.
Before you sign a rental agreement, keep the following in mind:
- A camper that is 3-4 years old or less should function well and give good fuel efficiency.
- Is there car and roadside help available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event of an emergency?
- Who do I contact for vehicle support if an appliance in the camper stops working?
- Are you covered in case of an accident on the road? It’s also a good idea to double-check your level of security.
- At the moment, limits are unpredictable; is there any protection against new restrictions that prevent you from picking up your camper?
What Other Factors Influence Price?
It makes a difference where you pick up your cheap campervan hire NZ. Popular campervan destinations are likely to be slightly more expensive. Why can pick up from a cheaper area and drive to your chosen location if you don’t mind the travel? Just remember to factor in fuel costs!
Other factors that influence the cost include:
- Is there heating in your motor home if you’re travelling during the winter?
- How many individuals are planning to travel– A two-berth VW camper will not cost the same as a huge six-berth motor home.
- Is it necessary to have a toilet on board? Most motor homes come with a shower and toilet, as well as all of the other amenities, although a smaller, budget camper may have less amenities.
- Make a list of everything you’ll need to bring; for example, most campervan rentals do not include bedding. It’s a good idea to look at any extras a firm offers and consider them into the price.
- Be wary of rental companies that tack on administrative fees to their prices. Keep an eye out for any hidden fees that should be detailed in the price before booking.
Is It Pricey To Hire A Motorhome?
It may be a little more expensive than staying in a hotel, but it is a whole different type of vacation. If you’re renting a VW camper, keep in mind that you’re getting a car and lodging in one. If you’re travelling in a group, split the daily cost by the number of people travelling (for example, £100 a day divided by 6 people = £16.66 per night).
Top Tip 1: From November to March, hotel rates start at roughly £55 per night.
Top Tip 2: Book early; most companies will run an early bird promotion for the next year between September and December. You can always ask if you can’t see it!