I’m excited to have Isabel from Bel Around The World answer our Five Travel Questions! Read about her experiences in New Zealand, Maldives and more!
Why do you love travel?
It truly does expose me to the world beyond my borders of Singapore. I’ve discovered my love of nature and I’m always in awe of how Mother Nature works in mysterious and magical ways.
As an adventurous go-getter, I’m always jumping into adrenaline-pumping activities, like blackwater rafting in New Zealand, bungee jumping in Phuket and parasailing in Maldives.
Beyond nature, I also love to challenge my life’s perspectives through meeting people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. They introduce new ways of thinking and of approaching life, and it makes me constantly reflect about how I am and what I truly want in life. Essentially, I like throwing myself into the unknown – there’s a certain thrill in not knowing – and discovering things I never knew existed. It makes living so much more enriching and fulfilling.
What destination is top of your bucket list?
Fiji, Antelope Canyon, South Africa, Bahamas… The list is never-ending!
Where is your most favourite place you have travelled to?
I love nature and beaches, so Maldives has got to top it. It’s one of the most recent destinations I’ve been, so it’s still fresh on my mind.
Any setting that is different from the urban landscape of Singapore just gets to me, like:
- Exploring Lisbon’s Alfama quarters
- Experiencing the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg – there was so much green pastures in that one
- My New Zealand road trip – there’s so much to do, from blackwater rafting to bungee jumping and even hiking on an ice glacier!
- Hiking on Fox Glacier, New Zealand
- Staying in a treehouse in Koh Rong, Cambodia
- Seeing the hot air balloons at sunrise in Cappadocia, Turkey
- Being pampered in Maldives’ overwater villas
- Couchsurfing on my own in Europe and almost getting raped