Barbados is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. With over 80 white-sand beaches with fascinating surfacing areas, it is a little wonder that this 21 miles long island is popular among tourists.
In addition, its location between the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans puts it in a vantage location geographically.
Aside from its beaches and beautiful landscape, its luxurious opportunities are strong pulls for tourists looking to enjoy their vacations. Barbados has many big cities and tourist attractions away from the waters. As a result, there are luxurious opportunities ranging from luxury suites to the full grandeur anybody with the means would love.
If you are an aficionado of style, you’ll love the opulence and luxuriousness of the show quite pleasing.
Barbados sees a lot of sunshine all year round, but the period between December and April is the best time to visit and enjoy its full splendor. The period is dry, warm, and inviting. So if you’re looking for help planning your luxury travels to Barbados, this is the guide.
What’s so special about Barbados that it sees over a million tourists visit its shores? There are several other Caribbean countries with similar landscapes, so why does Barbados stand out?
Barbados has over two dozen pristine beaches with a flat landscape free from storms.
There are many activities to enjoy in Barbados, from water sports during the party to beachside parties at night. Or way from the beaches and into the cities overlooking splendid architecture.
This English-speaking country uses the Barbadian dollars pegged to the US dollars. However, US dollars are also widely accepted throughout the country, so you don’t have issues running out of local currency to spend.
Where to Stay in Barbados?
When choosing a luxurious suite to stay in during your vacation in Barbados, you can hardly go wrong with the right information.
You can choose hotels or large villas; however, if you truly want to enjoy the full luxury experience booking luxury villas in Barbados should be top of mind.
Elegant villas of 3 to 4 bedrooms go for around $700 to $900 per night. But, of course, your location will greatly impact the overall vacation, which is why using a trusted local luxury villa booking platform is helpful.
What to Do in Barbados?
There are so many things to do in Barbados that it may take longer than your vacation to do the major activities. Apart from surfing and enjoying the beach, here are some other exciting things to do in Barbados:
- Go swimming with the turtles: if you’re a strong swimmer, you will enjoy going further into the waters at Alleyne beach with your snorkeling gear to swim with turtles. Take your waterproof cameras with you to capture this fascinating moment.
- Explore the Animal Flower Cave: it is located at the island’s North point. This animal flower cave with salt water pools inside its fairly dark enclave is a sight to behold.
- Enjoy an educative tour of St Nicholas Abbey and learn the history of the island: St Nicholas Abbey houses Historical artifacts, books, and inscriptions for anybody interested in culture.
- Dance to live music at Oistins: Oinstins is a big city in Barbados with a popular Friday night fish fry party. Life bands play beautiful music while excited tourist dance and enjoy the melody.
- Take a bath in the Bathseba pools: with historical significance, the Bethseba pools are said to have renewal capabilities. Taking a cool bathe in these waters is something most tourists cherish
- Visit the Barbados wildlife reserve: home to exciting animal species, including the famous green monkeys; this wildlife reserve is a way to unwind. Cool picture locations with close-up wildlife make the wildlife reserve even more attractive.
Do You Need Visa to Visit Barbados?
While visa requirements depend solely on your country of origin or passport, the Schengen country citizens do not require visas to enter as long as you’ll not exceed three months.
Some countries like the US and Canada get three months visa on arrival. It is best to find out about the visa requirements for your specific country.
Is Barbados Safe?
Barbados is safe for tourists and locals, with a low crime rate and favorable weather conditions. Furthermore, its landscape position means storms are unlikely to happen on this small island. Nevertheless, ensure to keep your valuables close to you at all times, no matter the relatively safe environment.
Things Not to Do in Barbados
Even though you may be a tourist, it is best to know some of the easily broken laws in the country. For example, sunbathing topless and wearing camouflage materials are illegal.
Camouflage is only for the military. You’ll also need a driving permit before you can drive in Barbados. Luckily, your local vehicle rental company can get one for you.
Barbados is a fantastic tourist destination for people looking for a luxurious vacation. With impressive villa homes and stunning locations to visit, this country should be at the top of your bucket list for your next vacation.