5 Summer & Sea Activities You Can Try During Your Luxurious Beach Holiday in Greece
You’ve spent a few days recuperating from the stress of normal life. Some much-needed time spent basking in the sun on your resort’s lounger, or on the white sand beach in front of your private Villa have left you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. You may even find that you are ready to try something new. Take a break from the pool or beach and find your new passion or favorite summer activity with these luxury holiday activities in Greece:
Yachting is the ultimate in luxury. When you are on a yacht, your world ceases to be about deadlines for briefs, or upcoming meetings. Instead, it becomes crystalline waters, the open sky and the fresh smell of the sea breeze. Create your own adventure and explore hidden coves, discover out-of-the-way sea caves, dock at luxurious harbours and and picnic on your own private island.
If you get too hot, simply drop your anchor and lower yourself down into the revitalizing, cerulean waters that Greece is known for. After you take a dip, you can step back on board, wrap yourself in a cozy robe and indulge in a summer cocktail prepared by your skilled crew. Greece is considered by many to be one of the best destinations for yacht traveling.
Wait until the sun goes down and head out to your favorite beach for a night-time swim. There’s nothing like being alone in the sea at night, your weakened sense of sight making you all the more aware of the soft salt breeze on your face and the purifying feel of Greece’s clean waters against your skin. And since it’s likely that no one else will be swimming at that hour, it’s kind of like having your own private beach in Greece.
While you’re in Greece, take advantage of the fact that you are in the land of the Mediterranean diet; delicious and healthy, it is said to be one of the reasons that people in Greece live long and healthy lives.
You can enjoy freshly-caught seafood and organic local produce, and during the summer you can make sure to taste traditional seasonal fare like moussaka or stuffed tomatoes and peppers. Or you can bite into one of the many summer fruits that are readily available, like a sweet and juicy melon or a succulent nectarine.
Alternatively, make a stop at some of the many renowned restaurants in Greece. Have a look at just a few examples:
- Ergon Deli, Sani Marina, Halkidiki: The Ergon Deli features traditional Greek fare, cooked the traditional Greek way. You can choose from vine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs, accompanied by fresh mint yoghurt, or slow-cooked lamb shank with a smoky eggplant and tahini puree. Stop by in the summer and you’ll be seated outdoors with views of the marina and a romantic setting sun if you go at the right time.
- Nammos, Mykonos: If you like to star-watch while enjoying gourmet Mediterranean meals, head to Nammos in Mykonos. This luxury spot is located on Psarou Beach and is a favorite of the likes of Hugh Jackman and Leonardo Di Caprio. In the summer months, outdoor seating allows a close-up view of soft sand beaches and crystal-clear blue water. After dinner, stick around for one of their famous beachfront parties, and you might just get to meet a favourite celebrity.
- Amanzoe Beach Club, Argolida: The Amanzoe Beach Club impresses with its sleek and contemporary style, while still managing to honor its traditional Greek roots. It overlooks the Aegean’s sparkling waters and is especially sumptuous in the summer months, when you can sip a cocktail and enjoy expertly prepared seafood, while seated at a table on the golden sand beach, surrounded by native trees.
What better way to celebrate your love of the ocean than participating in water sports? Activity holidays in Greece are a great way to get outside, get tan, and burn off some of those calories from all that rich Greek cuisine. Enjoying a luxury vacation doesn’t mean you can’t have a little heart-pounding fun, so make sure you pack your swimsuit! Some of the most popular water sports available in Greece include:
- Paddle Boarding
The Greeks are famous for their ability to heal the body and the soul, and they’ve been doing it for thousands of years. They’ve long known of the curative benefits of hot and mineral springs, of inhalation therapies and the skin-soothing properties of herbal and floral essences. Today you can benefit from innovative and modern research and technology combined with traditional Greek methods, taking advantage of the best of both the old and new worlds.
If you are visiting Greece in the summer, your spa trip will be exceptionally rejuvenating, as you will get to bathe in the se, and enjoy fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables, an integral part of the Mediterranean diet. Whether you’re staying in a small town or a big city, you can find the wellness retreat that your body needs. Have a look at some of the most renowned spas in Greece to see which one is right for you:
- Aldemar Royal Mare Thalasso: The Aldemar was nominated for both Greece’s Best Wellness Spa and Greece’s Best Resort Spa in 2017. It opened in 1997 and has up to 200 guests per day. They strive to be innovative in their therapies and include treatments such as Innovzen Breath Concept, a Ritual Detox, Affusion Watermass and the Four-finger Lifting Massage. This spa includes 50 individual treatment rooms, four swimming pools and a beauty center. All-around décor consisting of blue mosaics serves an aesthetic reminder of its Mediterranean roots.
- Thermae Sylla Spa Wellness: The Thermae actually won World Luxury Spa Awards Winner in 2017. It makes sense, since this spa has had over 4,000 years of experience perfecting its treatments. That’s right! This spa was enjoyed by the ancient Greeks and Romans themselves. It is ideal for those looking for authenticity and who don’t mind embarking on a longer journey to get there, as it is located a bit away from any airports. In fact, you may want to stop in Athens on your way there or on your way out, and take in some more of Greece’s rich history and culture, culture and gastronomy.
- Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort: The Miraggio is a multiple award-wining spa located at the tip of the Kassandra peninsula in Chalkidiki. It was named Greece’s Best Luxury Wellness Spa in 2017 by the Luxury Spa Awards. It as an opulent view of the sea and three different types of sauna — steam, Finnish and herbal. Natural remedies such as honey, olive oil and yoghurt are commonly used in their facial and skin treatments, ensuring that you’ll be fully and organically rejuvenated by the end of your stay.
Whether you’re by yourself, with your family, with your friends or with your partner, there are plenty of summer and sea activities for you to try during your luxurious beach holiday in Greece. Why don’t you venture out for some kayaking, or wind surfing for a shot of adrenaline? Or you can hire a yacht and feel like the king of the world. You can eat a healthy Mediterranean diet, or cleanse and purify at a luxury spa; whatever you decide, you can find what you’re looking for and more during your summer vacation to Greece.